Intersections is a quarterly analysis of global merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the transportation & logistics industry. Each edition includes a review of overall deal activity for the quarter and year-to-date, as well as a summary of large deals.
This quarter's analysis revealed:
- Overall M&A volumes dropped only slightly, despite adverse macroeconomic conditions, and mega-deal announcements remained strong.
- Infrastructure transactions (including several mega-deals) continued to dominate in the third quarter.
- While passenger ground targets were popular, other modes may soon take the lead.
- Deal activity in the eurozone remained weak, but activity in the United States compensated for much of the decline.
- Acquirers from emerging and developing economies continue to gain prominence in the global T&L sector as they engage in more cross-border deals.