People & change
How can you make change stick and manage human resources?
Recent pressure on global organisations to improve business efficiency and effectiveness and at the same time minimise risk has also reached corporate functions (e.g., human resources). Today's organisations often need to act locally and think globally. A modern set-up and a different approach are required to deliver services. Automated processes with stringent IT support and shared services enable your organisation to act efficiently and effectively and help you steer your business by giving valuable input on people issues around the world. Solid strategies, processes and technology alone do not deliver results. The human resources department has to move people towards accepting, adopting, driving and sustaining change in order to realise tangible impact. It truly has to make change stick. Getting the best from people at every level when there is constant change is the key to sustainable competitive advantage.
A clear vision that answers the questions "What does success look like for the organisation?" and "How does the change affect each stakeholder?" is the first step in achieving a successful transformation. The implementation approach must consider complexity, culture, experience with previous change and people's readiness to accept such change. Mobilising stakeholders is crucial and should be done by ensuring appropriate change leadership, tailored communications and training. To further encourage the actions and behaviours required, performance management objectives and reward mechanisms need to be adjusted and workforce transitions also need to be considered.
The challenges you face
- You want to structure your business organisation so that it has the right capabilities and leadership to execute the business strategy at any location across the globe.
- You are seeking effective strategies for people development and growth, both locally and globally.
- You want to ensure successful change by involving the people impacted and by enabling them to drive and sustain the business change.
- You're striving for efficient (e.g., human resource) processes that provide effective services to the business.
- You want to transform your organisation to deliver transparent and consistent services wherever required.
- You are seeking benchmarks for the efficiency and effectiveness of your (HR) department.
- Your organisation is going through a transaction or a period of change that impacts employees.
How PwC can support you
- We help you transform your organisation with shared service models and outsourcing.
- We support you in making change stick by helping you focus on realising sustainable benefits, involvement of key stakeholders and sustainability.
- We mitigate risk in your change programme delivery.
- We assess and improve the quality of your HR management.
- We create communication plans to win over key staff and to ensure that your organisation's systems, processes and culture reinforce the changes you make.
- We assist you in developing a strategic perspective to human resources and manage HR issues proactively.
- We support you in measuring and maximising employee performance.
- We help you attract and retain the best talents and create a compensation strategy for long-term success.
- We translate your vision into a clear change programme involving all stakeholders.
- We assist you in motivating, managing, training and rewarding your employees properly.