How can a business achieve clear differentiation and positioning?
Markets are stagnating, or in flux, product life cycles and technologies are moving more rapidly, and buyer behaviour is becoming increasingly heterogeneous. In such a complex environment it is crucial to have the right strategy, to differentiate your business form those of your competitors and to achieve a unique position in the market.
To make sure success is not left to chance, you have to take your destiny into your own hands. Opportunities need to be identified, strategic options evaluated and risks and threats have to be taken into consideration. But defining the right strategy is one thing, bringing it down to a measurable result another. Concrete and aligned actions need to be defined, set in action and be closely monitored and controlled.
The challenges you face
- You want your research and business analysis to be to the point enabling resilient business decisions
- You want independent, objective evaluation and validation of your strategic options.
- You want a critical view on your current portfolio and want to identify short and long term value drivers.
- You want robust "stress testing" of your strategy and the underlying assumptions.
- You want to identify and understand the full financial and economic implications of your investment/divestment options.
- You want to ensure new acquisitions are within your control and that integration is enabled effectively and efficiently.
- You want to understand your exposure to risk in relation to different markets, customers, partners and suppliers.
- You want to be confident that you have appropriate risk mitigation strategies in place.
How PwC can support you
- We create, test and validate your corporate and business unit strategies.
- We help you to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities.
- We help you to make the right decisions about your project and product portfolio, dispose of assets, appraise targets and efficiently integrate new acquisitions.
- We provide insights into customer's value perception.
- We apply rigorous financial analysis to assess the risk and value trade-offs of your strategic options.
- We review the impact on the value of your strategic options of the tax, financial reporting (e.g. IFRS) and regulatory issues.
- We help you to assign your resources to the activities that maximise value and are best aligned to your strategic objectives.
- We provide the extra resources you need to drive focused plans through in a cost effective manner.
- We help you to plan to deal with potential risks and threats to your business.
- We will work and collaborate with you as one team, including drawing on the skills of our local and global networks of industry specialists.